Fastcubes loves everything about cubicles but sometimes being stuck in them for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week can feel a little cramped. Instead of just standing up and stretching we wanted to take it one step further so we talked to local personal trainer and health and fitness expert Alexander Young about a workout you can do right in your cubicle. Young said these three fast and fun exercises can be done right in your cubicle and “are guaranteed to elevate your heart rate, burn calories, and melt fat in just minutes. So, take ten minutes on your lunch break, and try the very first, “Fastcubes Cubicle Workout.”
The first exercise is Incline Push-Ups.
- Place both palms on the edge of your desk and walk your feet back to a plank position.
- Keeping your body in a straight line between the top of your head and your heels, bend your elbows and lower your body toward your desk.
- Pause, and then push up through your palms to return to starting position. That’s one rep. Now drop and give me 20!
The second exercise is Seated Twists.
- Sit tall with knees bent and together (focus on squeezing inner thighs together for more muscular activation), toes pointed, hands behind head. Brace abs in tight and hinge back until just shoulder blades are lightly touching the back of the chair.
Bring body forward, crossing right elbow to the outside of left knee. Return to start. Repeat for 20 alternating reps. Strengthen your back and abs—all while keeping your lower body engaged—with this toning move.
Finally, the third and final exercise is Seated Knee Lifts.
- Sit on edge of chair, knees bent, feet flat. Grasp sides of chair, lean back slightly.
- Pull knees toward chest as you crunch upper body forward using abs, not arms. Lower feet almost to floor, but don’t let them touch until the end of the set.
Now, wipe the sweat off your brow and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Just a little bit of movement can help you feel more rejuvenated and more refreshed to tackle your afternoon projects and be more focused for the rest of your day.
For more on Alexander Young, visit his website at https://www.youngforeverfitness.com.
As always, if you’re looking for cubicles, office furniture, and more; the team at Fastcubes can be reached at any time by calling 866-622-2823 for all of your office and space planning needs.